Position: Senior Rails Developer
Job nature: Full-time
About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our development team and assist us in developing web-based apps for global telecom firms.
At SELISE, we push boundaries with what is possible with Ruby and Ruby on Rails. You will be writing elegant and testable code, building efficient gems, and integrating front-end components as a Senior Ruby Developer. We want to meet you if you’re interested in getting your hands dirty writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work.
Finally, you will participate in all parts of the software development life cycle from design to deployment.
The job will be based in our Bhutan office, but remote working from Bangladesh is also possible.
What you will do
- Write clean, performant, and robust code which is easy to maintain and scale.
- Write automated tests and keep the documentation up to date.
- Mentor junior developers and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Attend scrum meetings and client calls.
- Design application architecture and database models.
- Implement substantial features from concept to deployment as sole programmer.
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment.
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of the technology stack.
Who you are
- You have deep expertise in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- You have at least 5-6 years of programming experience with Ruby on Rails.
- You possess basic understanding of containerization technology strategies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have in-depth understanding of application development methodologies, object-oriented programming, and software development life cycle.
- You are a good and cooperative team player.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary structure
- An exceptional working environment with supportive peers and mentors.
- Breakfast and Lunch at the office.
- Monthly team events.
- Lots of challenges and even more scope to implement your ideas.